A Parish of the Diocese of Greensburg, Pennsylvania
Thank you for visiting the Saint James Parish website! Saint James has been serving Catholic believers and our local community for over 100 years. Our Parish family strives to bring the Gospel of Christ into our daily lives at home, at school and at work.
Rosary Altar Society News:
Congratulations to the following parishioner who won the Rosary Altar Children's pool raffle:
Winning number is 302246
Claimed by Pat Dillion
Pool donated by Todd and Angel Gillott
Special thanks to all who supported the Rosary Altar Society by purchasing tickets for this special fundraiser.
This Week at Saint James Parish
The Feast of the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary - Saturday, August 15, 2020 - Mass at 8:00 a.m. - the Diocesan Council of Catholic Women - quarterly board meeting hosted by our parish. The Rosary will be prayed for all priests after the 8:00 a.m. Mass. Everyone is welcome to attend Mass for this Diocesan Patronal Feast Day.
Sacrament of Penance - Saturday, August 15, 2020 - Education Center - 9:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m.
Watch Daily Mass, Weekend Mass and Reflections from Monsignor Kulick
Visit us now on Facebook!
Church Open for Private Prayer
Saint James Parish will continue to be open for private prayer daily from the hours of 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. All parishioners will be required to wear a face mask. Due to cleaning requirements issued by the State of Pennsylvania, there will be designated seating and all visitors are asked to adhere to the social distancing guidelines.
Confessions will continue be heard in the Education Center each week on Saturdays from 9:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m.
If you would like the staff of Saint James to light a candle as a sign and symbol of a prayer intention, please complete the following form:
The Diocese of Greensburg has established health alerts for parishioners, staff and students. We are continuously monitoring the rapidly-developing situation involving COVID-19, so please click on the link below for the most current diocesan recommendations.
A spiritual communion can be offered by anyone who desires a deeper union with Christ and is unable to attend Mass and receive the Eucharist.
Stay Connected to Your Faith
The Diocese of Greensburg encourages parishioners to stay connected to their faith.
- Mass will be streamed across the diocese on Sunday mornings at 8:30 a.m. The link will be available on the diocesan website and all social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
Please click here to donate today!
Readings for the week of August 9, 2020
- Sunday: 1 Kgs 19:9a, 11-13a / Ps 85:9, 10, 11-12, 13-14  / Rom 9:1-5 / Mt 14:22-33
- Monday: 2 Cor 9:6-10 / Ps 112:1-2, 5-6, 7-8, 9  / Jn 12:24-26
- Tuesday: Ez 2:8—3:4 / Ps 119:14, 24, 72, 103, 111, 131 [103a] / Mt 18:1-5, 10, 12-14
- Wednesday: Ez 9:1-7; 10:18-22 / Ps 113:1-2, 3-4, 5-6 [4b] / Mt 18:15-20
- Thursday: Ez 12:1-12 / Ps 78:56-57, 58-59, 61-62 [cf. 7b] / Mt 18:21—19:1
- Friday: Ez 16:1-15, 60, 63 or 16:59-63 / Is 12:2-3, 4bcd, 5-6 [1c] / Mt 19:3-12
- Saturday: Vigil: 1 Chr 15:3-4, 15-16; 16:1-2 / Ps 132:6-7, 9-10, 13-14 1 Cor 15:54b-57 / Lk 11:27-28. Day: Rv 11:19a; 12:1-6a, 10ab / Ps 45:10, 11, 12, 16 [10bc] / 1 Cor 15:20-27 / Lk 1:39-56
- Next Sunday: Is 56:1, 6-7 / Ps 67:2-3, 5, 6, 8  / Rom 11:13-15, 29-32 / Mt 15:21-28
Daily Mass - Monday - Friday at 8:00 a.m.
Effective June 6 and June 7, 2020
Saturday - Vigil 4:30 p.m.
Sunday - 8:00 a.m. and 10:00 a.m.
Church will be open for private prayer daily from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Sacrament of Penance: Will be held in Education Center on Saturday from 9:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. or by appointment.
Total Households: 311
Total Individuals: 686
WeShare, now provides an easy way to plan out your Mass Intentions, Fuel & Maintenance, Weekly Offertory or second collection donations for the whole year!
To start today, click on the below Donate icon and View Collections or All Second Collections. Simply choose the amount you wish to contribute to each collection or second collection, enter a payment source, and submit your second collection donations for the entire year at one time. Make sure to check the “Recurs Annually” box if you wish to continue contributing year after year.
Please contact the parish office if you have questions or need help setting up your Collections or Second Collection donations. Thank you for your continued support to our parish!